En Point Mentorship Program
As part of our Career Development Program, participating former Mooseheads players will be matched with a mentor in their field of interest.
Each participating mentee/mentor will determine his/her own specific goals; however, the overarching goals of the mentorship are to help mentees:
- Discover career paths (explore personal preferences and career options)
- Develop a plan/ strategy towards future career goals
- Create networking strategies
- Gain practical workplace insights from mentors
- Learn methods for how to gain work experience or look for career opportunities
- Relate a field of study to career outcomes (applying theory to practice)
- Access a support system during critical stages of your professional development
- Learn from diverse perspectives and experiences
- Gain access to powerful resources (people, websites, tools, etc.) within your profession
- Identify strengths, skill gaps, and/or areas of improvement
- Build the foundation for a lasting professional network
Commitment & Timeline
- Mentors are asked to meet with their appointed mentee at least 6 times over the course of a 7-month period.
- We anticipate that mentorships will start in January 2019 but may be as early as December 2018 depending on schedules of mentees/mentors.
- Meetings can occur in person (ideal where possible), by phone, and/or video conferencing.
If you’re interested in participating, sign up here; it only takes 2 minutes!
The information provided will be used to match you with a mentee. You’ll be notified once you’ve been matched and at that point it is the student’s responsibility to reach out to you.